Travcom (New Zealand Travel Communicators) is calling for entries to its 25th Silver Anniversary of the Cathay Pacific Travel Media Awards.
The supreme winners of the Cathay Pacific Travel Writer of the Year and Cathay Pacific Travel Photographer of the Year awards will each receive double tickets to Tel Aviv travelling with Cathay Pacific.
The deadline for entering is 5pm Friday 12 May.
All winners will be announced at a Gala Dinner to be held Friday 21 July at the Heritage Auckland.
Each entry is a $10 entry fee.
Entrants in the Travel Writing, Travel Photography and Best Travel Blog of the Year awards must be Travcom members.
New Travel Writer entrants do not need to be Travcom members.
Entry forms: (for easy-print versions please scroll down)
Award categories and prizes
- Cathay Pacific Travel Writer of the Year Award
- Ngāi Tahu Award for the Best Travel Story over 1000 words
- Spark Award for the Best Travel Story under 1000 words
- Heritage Hotels Award for the Best Travel Story about New Zealand
- Interislander Award for the Best Story about a Journey
- Tourism Ireland Award for the Best Travel Story about Britain and/or Ireland
- NZ Māori Tourism Award for the Best Travel Story about a Māori experience.
- Treadright Foundation Award for the Best Responsible Tourism Story
- G Adventures Award for New Travel Writer of the Year click here for more information about this award
- Cathay Pacific Travel Photographer of the Year Award
- Heritage Collection Award for the Best Travel Image taken in New Zealand
- Air Vanuatu and Mangoes Resort Award for the Best Travel Image taken outside New Zealand
- AA Directions Magazine Award for the Best Travel Image with People
- NZ Māori Tourism Award for the Best Travel Image that captures the essence of Māori
- G ADventures Award for the Best Unpublished Travel Image
- Christchurch Airport Award for the Best Travel Blog of the Year
Travcom is a not-for-profit association of travel writers, photographers, broadcasters and travel-related communicators involved in promoting a high standard of travel writing and travel photography and in publicising New Zealand and international tourism. To reinforce the aim of encouraging excellence in travel writing and photography Travcom organises the annual Cathay Pacific Travel Media Awards. Membership of Travcom offers good networking opportunities and benefits.
For more information please email or call 021 825 821.
Easy Print versions of the entry forms (no pictures):