Membership of Travcom offers good networking opportunities and other benefits:
- An annual familiarisation visit to a New Zealand destination (open to writers/editors and photographers).
- We hold events during the year on photography, writing, book publishing and other topics of interest to members in Auckland and sometimes in Wellington.
- Travcom website includes a current directory of members and information about the association. The directory is compiled for ease of use by editors, publishers, national and regional tourism office representatives
- Our regular e-newsletter informs members of industry issues, upcoming events and new members, and includes commentary on past events for those unable to attend. Members can also submit press releases or other information to the e-noticeboard (100 word limit) plus hyperlinks and also upload blogs directly onto the Travcom website.
- The Cathay Pacific Travel Media Awards are New Zealand's premier travel writing and photography awards. Entry into the awards is open to Travcom members only.
- Travcom holds great parties – which are not only lots of fun, but provide excellent networking opportunities.