Travcom (New Zealand Travel Communicators) is calling for entries to its annual Cathay Pacific Travel Media Awards.
The AA Directions New Travel Writer of the Year Prize is $1000
This award is for unpublished travel stories written by aspiring travel writers who have never had a travel story published.
The deadline for entering is Friday, 4 April 2014. All winners will be announced at a gala evening on Friday, 16 May 2014 at the Heritage Hotel, Auckland.
How to enter: download entry form - click here
- All entries must be written by a New Zealand-based writer, based on their own experiences.
- Entry is open to writers who have never had a travel story published.
- The entry fee is $10 per entry.
- Entrants must submit two copies of an original, double-spaced, typewritten travel story no longer than 1500 words, written in English. - No photos or other accompanying material should be sent.
- A completed entry form must accompany each story entered.
- To ensure anonymity no identifying names, contact details or codes should be included on the story to be submitted to the judges.
- No material will be returned.
- Entrants fully indemnify Travcom against any claims arising from the use of the material as described herein or infringement of intellectual property rights.
- Winners and runners-up agree to make themselves and their winning entries available for promotional purposes.
- All judging decisions are final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into and no refunds will be given.
- Entrants agree that material submitted may be used in whole or in part by Travcom and its sponsors for promotion or acknowledgement of the Awards with suitable credit to the entrant.
- Non-compliance with the Awards criteria will disqualify entries and no refunds will be given.
For more information about the Cathay Pacific Travel Media Awards:
Writing awards - click here
Photography awards - click here
For last year's winners - click here
For an entry form - click here
Travcom is a not-for-profit association of travel writers, photographers, broadcasters and travel-related communicators involved in promoting a high standard of travel writing and travel photography and in publicising New Zealand and international tourism. To reinforce the aim of encouraging excellence in travel writing and photography Travcom organises the annual Cathay Pacific Travel Media Awards. Membership of Travcom offers good networking opportunities and benefits.
For more information please contact Helen Davies on or call 021 1781 384.